It’s time to start removing clutter from our homes. That’s right, spring cleaning is here! However, there are few things we often miss in our yearly overhaul, including our HVAC system.
- Check your filter. There are several types of filters that can be used in your HVAC system. Some of them are rated for only 30 days, while others can last for 6 months. Make sure to change your filter per the manufactures instructions.
- Check your drainage hole. Most air conditioner units have a drainage hole beneath their fans. Make sure it is clear of yard overgrowth and nothing is clogging it.
- Check the caulking around your windows. Although this isn’t directly attached to your HVAC, it will help your system provide better comfort (and save you money).
- Get your duct-work cleaned. We can help you with this one. Clean duct-work means an HVAC system with a longer life-span (and cleaner air, of course).
- Program your thermostat. Don’t make your HVAC system run at the same temp all day. Instead, program your thermostat and save a few dollars on your energy bill (your HVAC system will have a longer life, too).
We’d be happy to help with some preventative maintenance, to ensure that you and your family have a comfortable spring and summer season. Right now, we are offering an $89.99 Spring Special (from March 1st – May 30th) that includes some of the things we mentioned above. Click here for more info.
Give us a call at: